Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Sprinkler system prevents apartment fire from spreading beyond kitchen (Green Valley, AZ)
A sprinkler prevented a fire from spreading beyond the kitchen of a home in the Michelle Manor Apartments in Green Valley on Monday evening. The resident had been heating oil in a cast iron skillet when she went outside to check on the grill and visit with friends, according to the Green Valley Fire District. She returned to find the pan on fire and the flames too intense to extinguish. “Fires like this are a great example of how quickly a fire can be extinguished and how major loss of property or life prevented by sprinklers,” GVFD Operations Chief Chuck Wunder said.
Posted by Viking at 4:20 PM