Thursday, June 14, 2012
Sprinkler system contains kitchen fire at resident hall (Mount Pleasant, MI)
Central Michigan University’s Campbell Hall was evacuated at about midnight Wednesday after a small fire broke out in the kitchenette on the first floor. Residents believe that a stove knob was bumped, turning the burner on and causing a basket placed near it to catch fire. The fire alarm and sprinkler systems were activated. All of Campbell Hall’s safety devices worked correctly and safety procedures went according to plan, said CMU Police Officer Carl Williams. “The entire system did exactly what it was designed to do,” he said. “In the kitchenette area, the sprinkler system activated … like it was supposed to."
Posted by Viking at 4:08 PM